You know what I hate?
Chatspeak.
Okay, so not exactly. I don't hate it when I'm using it in a chat or an email. Because yes, I'm selfish and arrogant and weird. ^^
But it just DRIVES ME UP THE WALL when I see someone using it on their website or blog. If you're an average typist (that means you type about 20-40 words per minute), it should only take you about three seconds more to type "you" instead of "u."
I did some research on chatspeak, just for fun, and came up with this:
"SMS {whoa...cool coincidence!}, also known as chatspeak, is the English language slang used in mobile phone SMS, which stands for Short Messaging Service {not Silly Mistake Syndrome}."
There's a whole WEBSITE devoted to translating regular English into chatspeak and vice versa! (Link at the end of this entry)
I entered a random paragraph just out of curiosity.
Paragraph in normal English= "The quick brown fox jumped over the tall white fence. The short little girl trembled with fear as she faced the tall. The dumb blonde looked stupidly at the people (all of whom were laughing at her)."
Paragraph in chatspeak= "d qix brown fox jumped Ovr d taL white fence. d sht ltl 3:o) trembled w fear az she faced d taL 3:o). d dumb blonde lookd LUGlE @ d ppl (aL of huM wer :-d @ her)."
o_0
whoa...
Check it out:
http://www.transl8it.com/
Interesting...yet a little disturbing.
~S
10.25.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
The link doesnt work, but if you just type in "www.transl8it.com" it works! Also, you need to change the link to my site. Its ellytoby.blogSPOT not ellytoby.blogGER
~Ellantoby
:P i copy and pasted one of your paragraphs:
U knO wot I h8?
Chatspeak.
k, so not exactly. I dun h8 it wen Im UzN it n a cht o an email. cuz yS, Im selfish & arrogant & werd. ^^
bt it jst driVS ME ^ d WALL wen I c SOME1 UzN it on thR websIt o blog.
Post a Comment